The Inside Gig
How Sharing Untapped Talent Across Boundaries Unleashes Organizational Capacity
Edie Goldberg, Kelley Steven-Waiss, Josh Bersin
Unlock the hidden skills within your organization to keep your employees happy and engaged, improve your organization’s agility, and lower your costs.
What if the talent you're seeking to hire is already on your company's payroll but going untapped? Employees often have capabilities and aspirations that go far beyond their current job descriptions. The Inside Gig will show you how to optimize and energize your workforce by deploying the skills of the employees you already have inside your firm across organizational boundaries.
Written by thought leaders and practitioners in the future of work, this book will explain how to:
- Uncover the hidden skills within your workforce
- Create a new "Talent Operating Model" to uncover and cost-effectively match the right talent to real-time business challenges
- Apply machine learning and AI to managing the allocation of resources across departments
- Bust the "functional silos" in your company to create agile, collaborative teams
- Improve employee retention by offering employees the opportunity to expand their careers within your organization rather than leaving in search of new challenges
In a rapidly changing economy that demands the constant reskilling of workers, the future belongs to companies that can access and deploy talent quickly and efficiently. Read The Inside Gig to start gaining your competitive edge today.